Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First Valentines

How do you celebrate Valentines Day while including your 7 year old? After all we did not want him to feel left out. Well it went something like this: Josh showed up at my work with a dozen beautiful roses and a dozen red heart balloons! Boy were my co workers envious! I had never received a bouquet of balloons before! It turns out those balloons were the best Valentines gift I ever received.
It was a chore shoving a dozen mylar balloons into my car and even worse trying to see around them. By the time I picked Logan up from daycare the car was full.
When Josh got home the fun began! All three of us had a Valentines Day balloon war. We ran around the house chasing each other and hitting eachother with the balloons. It was a blast!
I was worried that Josh would be put off having to share this romantic day with Logan. But that was really silly of me, he loves Logan like he would his own child. Josh makes sure to include him in everything we do. Why would Valentines Day be any different?

Those balloons stuck around for 5 or 6 months. As they lost their helium they would slowly drift down and find some out of the way spot to rest. I would find them one by one and relive that wonderful day in my memory. Balloons are not just for kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages