Sunday, May 2, 2010

Death

Josh and I had been dating for 3 weeks when I received a phone call that changed my life. My father had passed away... suddenly... of a heart attack. Nothing can prepare you for a parent passing away. Not only do you have the grief and emotions to deal with, but the physical work as well. Meeting with the mortuary, lawyers, banks, credit card company, dealing with the house... the list goes on and on.
When I got that dreaded phone call I called Josh crying. It seemed like as soon as I hung up the phone he was there holding me while I cried. Over the next few weeks he did this a lot. I now say that "he was my rock, and he held me up when I could not stand by myself". Every step of the way Josh was there for me, and Logan.
What a way to test a new relationship, throw a tradegy in and see what happens. Josh had known me for 3 weeks as a happy girl, and then all of a sudden I am a blubbery mess and falling into a hopeless depression. But as I found out all was not hopeless and things did get easier. Thankfully Josh stuck it out... not all men would, but he did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages